Dodleston Pre-school are recruiting….
We are looking for a qualified pre-school practitioner who would like to join our team in a bank / supply role….
Job Description: Qualified Pre-School Practitioner (Bank staff)
Responsible to: Pre-School Manager & Pre-School Committee
Responsible for: No supervision of other staff involved.
Job Purpose: To work as part of the Pre-School team to ensure children enjoy their development and learning within a safe environment. To ensure that safeguarding children is integral to their work within the setting.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a minimum L3 qualification, although a L2 may be considered; experience and a knowledge of the EYFS is essential.
The role requires the Practitioner to: –
- To take part and support other practitioners in all aspects of the Pre-School daily routine including supporting / settling children on arrival, snack time, toileting, tidy up time.
- To work within the policies and procedures of the Pre-School including Safeguarding, Inclusion and Health and Safety guidelines.
- To help to set up the hall for the day and to help tidy away and clean the rooms at the end of the session.
- To continue to ensure that each area of the provision is safe and well stocked/ resourced for children and adults throughout the session.
- To inform the Pre-School Manager and the Safeguarding lead (when related to a safeguarding issue) of any concerns e.g. over children, parents, staff or Committee members or the safety of equipment, ensuring confidentiality as necessary.
- To provide children with opportunities to learn and develop, offering an appropriate level of support and play experiences focused on their individual needs.
- To follow children’s interests and ideas to encourage their independence and ignite curiosity and creativity in everyday interactions.
- To actively participate at staff meetings and supervisions.
- To attend training courses as required and to be committed to your continuing professional development.
- To follow all the setting’s policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding and to keep own knowledge up to date by attending updated training opportunities including attending the Safeguarding Level 1 refresher course annually.
- To follow the setting’s procedure on Confidentiality when dealing with any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the contents of and adhere to all the setting’s policies and procedures, e.g. safeguarding, health and safety, fire safety, dropping off and collection of children, food hygiene etc.
- To promote the pre-school to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-School Manager and/or Pre-School Committee.
If you would like further information or to apply, in the first instance please email Jude at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role is term time only and may often require working at very short notice; there are no minimum or guaranteed hours. Due to our rural location a driver with access to a vehicle would be ideal as there is no bus service which corresponds to our opening hours.
The rate of pay will at least meet minimum wage requirements.
Dodleston Pre-school is an equal opportunities employer